Updated on September 10, 2019
1. Real Conversations | Sept. - Oct.
This sermon series will equip the church to think more biblically about some of the more painful, controversial, and divisive topics of life through biblical teaching and life talks. Real Conversations will be a 5-part series starting on September 15. Click here for more info.
2. Primetime Lunch | Sept. 15
Join us for Primetime Lunch in Chapel 1 after 3rd service for all young adults. Lunch is $5 and payable via cash or Venmo. Please RSVP via our Facebook group "LHCC.PRIME"
3. Open Houses
- Sept. 15 | Catapult (6th-12th grades) - Join us on September 15 in Chapel 2 from 11:30am-12:30pm! We invite youth parents to come get an overview of the year, meet the new teachers and see how to get involved in the discipleship process.
- Sept. 29 | KK Ministries (birth-5th grades) - Please join us for our KKJ+KKC Open House on 9/29 to hear all about our KK ministries this year! It will be immediately after 2nd service from 10:45-11:45 AM and brunch will be provided! (Kids will eat with their teacher in their classrooms). RSVP to Evite by Sun, 9/22/19.
4. Route 28 College Ministry
- After Hours - Are you in college or college-aged? Come join us for lunch, to connect with others, and to find out more about our college ministry! Come join us after third service every Sunday upstairs in the Common Room!!
- College Welcome Lunch - On Sunday, September 22, there will also be a special welcome lunch (FREE Korean BBQ) for all college or college-age students after 3rd service in Chapel 1! September 22 is also the day when the president of Biola, Barry Cory, will be our speaker.
- Common Ground Series - We invite you to Route 28's upcoming series "First True Love." Come join us Friday nights at 8PM starting Sept. 20 as we begin this new series. There will be free raffle prizes, food, fellowship, and more!
5. Women's Retreat Registration Open | November 9-10
Registration for Women's Retreat is now open! Sign up on the patio after 2nd and 3rd service, or through the church website. Retreat will be November 9-10 at the Double Tree in Costa Mesa, and the theme is “Beauty in the Broken.” R28, Prime, and HB ladies - hope to see you there! Click here for more info and to register.
6. First Lunch | Oct. 6
All recent visitors are invited to attend our Newcomer's First Lunch on Sunday, Oct. 6. Please join us to share a meal together with our Pastor and Welcoming Team. We would like to take this time to get to know you better and share a little more about the values of our church, as well as answer any questions that you may have. This First Lunch will be following the 3rd service only and will meet in the Teaching Room upstairs (Room 200). Click here to RSVP
7. Gospel Centered Counseling | starting November 2019
Living Hope is partnering with Lighthouse Community Church to provide "to equip local church families to have gospel-centered conversations in every season of life." The monthly class is opened to all Living Hope and non-Living Hope people. Whether you are serving as shepherds and teachers or simply speaking to family and friends, we encourage you learn with us.
- Take a look at more information and register: Gospel-Centered Counseling Training
8. Prime +
Prime+ is a new ministry specifically designed to encourage, support, and minister to those singles that are 27+ years old, as well as young couples that are not yet considered "Homebuilders". We are excited to announce that we will be launching a new cell group specifically for Prime+ in October. This is a new cell group for those that are not yet plugged into one to journey through life with those in a similar season of life. We will gather on Friday nights beginning Oct. 11th in La Habra. Please contact Andy and Angie Pak if you are interested.
9. College Pastor Search
Living Hope Community Church is partnering with Slingshot to find its next full-time college pastor. Please feel free to forward this posting to those who are humble in character, passionate about college students, and competent in ministry. Click here for more info.